CODE OF CONDUCT & POLICIES
All Lane Cove Gymnastics activities are approached with professionalism and integrity. We are committed to providing a safe, welcoming and nurturing environment.
To ensure a happy and positive experience for all involved, it is important that students, parents and extended family members understand and comply with the following.
- Demonstrate respect for teachers, students, staff and other parents at all times.
- Understand and support our approach by encouraging children to show commitment and positivity while working to the best of their own ability.
- Take responsibility to read email updates and keep up-to-date with current activities and important information.
- Refrain from taking photographs or video without permission.
- Demonstrate respect for teachers, parents, staff and other students at all times.
- Arrive on time to your scheduled class.
- Present to class in club uniform (for applicable classes) and well-groomed manner with hair tied back neatly off the face.
- School uniform is not appropriate gymnastics attire and therefore not permitted. Teachers may refuse entry to children who are not groomed appropriately.
- Bring a clearly named bottle of water to every class.
- Attend class regularly unless ill or injured, or in the event of a family emergency.
- Serve as a role model to younger gymnasts at all times, including appropriate language and behaviour.
- Put rubbish in the bins provided and clean up after yourself.
- Show respect and care for gym equipment and facilities.
- Ask for help if you need it – we are here for you.
- Inappropriate, disrespectful or aggressive behaviour by students, parents or guardians will not be tolerated and may result in immediate cancellation of enrolment with no refund or further discussion.
- A breach of the Code of Conduct and Policies will result in one written warning. Further breaches may result in immediate cancellation of enrolment with no refund or further discussion.
For the benefit of all LCGC families, your cooperation is appreciated.
- All fees must be paid in full for the term at the time of enrolment.
- We accept Cash, Cheque, EFTPOS, Visa or Mastercard. There is a 1.1% surcharge on all credit card purchases by our merchant provider.
- LCGC does not issue refunds once term fees have been paid.
- The event that a child can not participate due to medical reasons, a medical certificate is required to credit term fees. Please get in touch with our Office for more information.
- Children can not participate if term fees have not been paid. If payment is made after Week 3 of term, it will incur a 10% surcharge.
- Your class fee secures your position in the class regardless of your attendance. This allows us to ensure the correct teacher/ child ratio is maintained.
- Refunds or credits are not given for missed classes or registration in any circumstances.
- Any cheque that is dishonored will attract a $25.00 fee.
- We follow ‘Beat the Heat’ guidelines. In the event the gym reaches over 38 degrees Celsius, we will notify parents via email. Classes will not be cancelled; however, it is up to each parent/guardian to decide whether they would like their child to train.
Attendance and Participation:
- Parent participation is compulsory in our Kindergym, Kinder Transition and Advanced Kinder Transition program. This is designed to maximize your child’s learning and development. Our coaches will discuss the required level of participation at the beginning of each term.
- Parents are not permitted on the gym floor at any stage during our Kinder REC, After School, Senior REC, Tumbling or Competitve training classes unless required by a coach.
- Please do not arrive, or drop your children off more than 10 minutes before their scheduled class. Supervision will only start 10 minutes prior to class.
- Make up classes are strictly scheduled based on availability and can only be completed within the same term. Make up lessons can be done if your child is unable to attend a class. Under no circumstances can make up lessons be carried to a new term.
- Children, who are not enrolled, can not participate or be on the gym floor without the consent of our Office Manager. Siblings or children who attend that are not enrolled will be asked to pay for the class.
- You must supervise your children at all times both on the floor and in the viewing area.
Parking and Road Safety:
Parking is only permitted in spots marked ‘KG’ outside our gym or in the basement marked ‘GYMNASTICS’. If there is no parking in the basement, please park on Orion Road and walk your child safely up the ramp to our Gym. Please ensure your children have footwear on whilst outside the gym and only walk along the yellow crossing.
Please do not park in any unmarked spots or in driveways for any reason. Any fines issued to LCGC will be passed on to those responsible.